Want to enjoy the beauty of Niagara Falls and the surrounding region on a camping trip this
summer? Camping is the perfect way to explore the area while making memories and bonding
with your family. Camping at Niagara Falls is the perfect family friendly vacation, for those
visiting from Canada and the United States. While there are some campgrounds on both sides
of the Falls, one of the best options is Campark Resorts in Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada.
Sitting picturesquely in the Canadian countryside, the location boasts a historical landmark and
the lush flora and fauna for which the region is known.
Only five kilometers (three miles) from the famous Falls, Campark Resorts offers on-site
shuttles to not only get you to and from the Falls and all they have to offer, but also to Clifton Hill
and all the fun family entertainment there. The resort features RV sites, tent sites, cabins, and
cabanas, so you and your family can choose the option best suited to your camping style. If that
weren’t enough, Campark Resorts offers a pool, splash pad, playgrounds, Mini Putt, and more
for your family to enjoy.
Let’s Get Packing
Given the coronavirus pandemic of 2020 with its many restrictions, many families are planning
camping trips as a way to still enjoy vacation family fun without the need to travel long
distances. Camping is the perfect way to make life-long memories, start new traditions, and
enjoy lots of fun, active outdoor time. Don’t forget the camera!
Begin by choosing your travel dates and call your favourite campground, like Campark –
Niagara Falls, to reserve your date. Consider traveling early on a weekday or leaving early on
Friday to avoid traffic and get your campsite set up before dark.
Bringing along some family friends is always fun but check with your campground for rules
regarding your group size as well as how many campers are allowed to congregate on your site.
Pack and prepare your food. The easiest way to do so is to prepare a menu plan for each meal
– breakfast, lunch, and dinner to create your shopping list. Purchase and prepare what you can
ahead of time to make mealtime easier on the trip. You can wash and wrap your potatoes in foil,
cut veggies, marinate meats, and pack individual snacks for the trip and when you arrive. This
will also help you decide if you want should budget for a meal or two outside the camp, like
maybe an outing and treats in Clifton Hill. Don’t forget your utensils, can/bottle opener, and
The handy checklist below below will help you pack all you need for a fun, enjoyable tent camping trip. Remember, check your camping gear before you go to ensure it is all in working order (tent, lighters, lanterns, camp stove).
For the Campsite:
- Tent and all that is needed to set it up
- Ground cover for underneath your tent
- Tarp or canopy
- Sleeping bag and pad for each camper
- Repair kit (for tent, tarp, mattress, pads, etc.)
- Pillows and blankets
- Flashlights, headlamps, and batteries
- Lanterns with fuel or batteries
- Stove with fuel
- Frying pan, pot, coffeemaker
- Corkscrew, roasting sticks/skewers, paring knife, spatula, cooking spoon
- Cutting board, food-storage bags, foil, trash bags
- Tablecloth, plates, eating utensils, cups, mugs
- Cooler, ice, water bottles
- Soap, wash bin, sponge, dish towel, paper towels
For the Campers:
- Clothes, Sleepwear, Swimsuits, Raingear
- Shoes, Socks, Gloves, Hats, Jackets
- Sunscreen, Insect Repellant
- First Aid Kit, Medications
- Disinfectant spray and wipes, soap, hand sanitizer, face coverings, protective gloves
- Toiletries, toothbrushes
- Toys, Bikes
Campark Resorts is ready to be your home away from home while camping at Niagara Falls this year!